Zero Waste Event Productions LLC is a social enterprise aiming to minimize waste to landfill at music festivals and events through recycling, compost, and reuse efforts.
Summer Staffers help managers before, during and after zero waste events to pack and set up equipment, collect and sort waste materials, and to help cleanup event grounds after festivities have ended.
Summer Staffers are expected to work June 6th-August 9th with opportunities to start early or end the season later.
Our current Summer Events includes (but are not limited to):
- Wonderstruck – Cleveland, Ohio
- Canton Liberty Fest – Canton, Michigan
- Dublin Independence Day – Dublin, Ohio
- Upheaval – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Floyd Fest – Floyd, Virginia
- Dublin Irish Festival – Dublin, Ohio
- Pelotonia – Columbus, Ohio
A full list of events can be found here.
Zero Waste Summer Staffers will offer their services to event managers to oversee and/or perform all duties required to successfully complete our contracts with events and festivals. This includes:
- Setting up for ZW events; establishing the Zero Waste Event Productions “Headquarters,” placing zero waste stations, distributing buckets and bins as needed to vendors and throughout event grounds.
- Training and managing volunteers.
- Management of zero waste systems including, collection, cleanup, sorting, weighing and occasional hauling of materials according to the event’s contract.
- Cleaning up and finalizing events to the standards set out in our contract with organizers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- There is no education requirement, but a foundational understanding of recycling and compost or a willingness to learn about them, is important.
- Ability to work and live outside in summer weather conditions (rain or shine).
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends at remote locations/festival grounds.
- Dedication to helping the environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Managers must be able to work on teams and alone to achieve goals.
- Understanding that work is on-site at festivals and therefore applicants must be able to live at festivals (often camping).
- Ability to remain positive toward event attendees and organizers.
Event Summer Staffers will work with event organizers to set hours during the festivals where they work. Summer Staffers will be expected to work during peak hours of need, which can include late nights, and during musical performances.
Summer Staffers have reported working anywhere from 5-48 hours during an event. More information can be given on an event-to-event basis.
Summer Staffers will start out at $9/hr
For more information about this opportunity please reach out to Shannon@zerowastefest.com