Zero Waste Event Productions LLC is a social enterprise aiming to minimize waste to landfill at music festivals and events through recycling, compost, and reuse efforts.
We are looking for Seasonal Helpers who can lend their assistance to event managers before, during and after zero waste events to pack and set up equipment, collect and sort waste materials, and to help cleanup event grounds after festivities have ended.
The Zero Waste Event season is April 13th– December 31st. Seasonal Helpers have the opportunity to sign up for several events between those dates. A full list of events can be found here.
Zero Waste Seasonal Helpers will offer their services to event managers to oversee and/or perform all duties required to successfully complete our contracts with events and festivals. This includes:
- Setting up for ZW events; establishing the Zero Waste Event Productions “Headquarters,” placing zero waste stations, distributing buckets and bins as needed to vendors and throughout event grounds.
- Training and managing volunteers.
- Management of zero waste systems including, collection, cleanup, sorting, weighing and occasional hauling of materials according to the event’s contract.
- Cleaning up and finalizing events to the standards set out in our contract with organizers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- There is no education requirement, but a foundational understanding of recycling and compost or a willingness to learn about them, is important.
- Ability to work and live outside in summer weather conditions (rain or shine).
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends at remote locations/festival grounds.
- Dedication to helping the environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Managers must be able to work on teams and alone to achieve goals.
- Understanding that work is on-site at festivals and therefore applicants must be able to live at festivals (often camping).
- Ability to remain positive toward event attendees and organizers.
Event Seasonal Helpers will work with event organizers to set hours during the festivals where they work. Seasonal Helpers will be expected to work during peak hours of need, which can include late nights, and during musical performances.
Seasonal Helpers have reported working anywhere from 5-48 hours during an event. More information can be given on an event-to-event basis.
Seasonal Helpers will start out at $9/hr
For more information about this opportunity please reach out to Shannon@zerowastefest.com